5885 Estates Drive
Overview: 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3430 sq. ft., 2-car garage
Exquisite English architecture, glorious grounds, and breathtaking views grace this wonderful 1940 Tudor estate. Enveloped by mature oaks, maples, and vibrant flora, the 17,820 +/- sq. ft. lot brings terraced gardens, rolling green lawns, a glistening swimming pool, and Old-World brick patios with soft, wispy vines weaving about a trellis. The home, symbiotic with its park-like setting, offers warm, refined spaces with numerous bay and picture windows framing San Francisco, marine, and garden views like pieces of impressionist art—how delightfully pleasing on the eyes. And the heart.
- Living room joins hand-hewn beams, dramatic picture windows, a raised octagonal seating area with 270-degree views, and an archetype stone wood-burning fireplace for rich atmosphere
- Dining room unfolds onto the outside veranda, further wrapping to the quaint tiled patio outside the kitchen and beyond through a breezeway to the front—what impeccable indoor-outdoor flow.
- Rich walnut-finished wide and narrow plank hardwood floors run throughout. Three gas fireplaces endeavor to fill the kitchen, family and master with warmth and glow.
- Designer kitchen features simply gorgeous quarter sawn oak cabinetry, Sub-Zero fridge, and a breakfast area opening to the delightful patio
- Feeling like private retreats are the three bedrooms, one a guest suite tucked away on the main level with full bath, and two upstairs rooms both spacious and basking in pristine views
- Downstairs family room showcases beautiful woodwork in built-in shelving—enough for a full library of literature. This lounging space, with plush carpeting, opens onto the brick patio, outdoor kitchen, and to the pool deck beyond.
- A cheerful kitchenette, full bath, and extra-large laundry room complete the lower level.
- Bonus room! A hideaway 300 sq. ft. bedroom and bath over the garage offer privacy for sleep or work.
5885 Estate Drive befits its street name—this wonderful property, designed by architect FH Slocombe as an executive mansion, joins an array of mature estates on the established street and high-end neighborhood. Feeling a world apart, the sanctuary is also located just minutes from Montclair Village and Rockridge with all the boutiques, cafes, and amenities one could need. Close to Rockridge BART. Further, nearby schools are top-notch and commutes are as breezy as the light wind brushing the leaves of the Japanese maples that charm the property. An opportunity to own a fine estate this is.